If You Have Been Involved in a Truck Accident, Call Munley Law Today
Munley Law is one of the premier trucking law firms in the United States. We are dedicated to helping innocent victims of trucking accidents and have spent decades working to establish a true expertise in trucking laws. Accidents that involve trucks or tractor trailers can be very complicated and should be handled by lawyers that are uniquely qualified to handle these types of cases. Over the past five decades, we have represented hundreds of trucking accident victims and our trucking accident attorneys are dedicated experts in aggressively pursuing the justice and compensation that our clients deserve. Each member of our firm has extensive experience in these heavily defended truck injury cases and we are regularly asked to lecture nationally and internationally on trucking laws. Dan Munley is the former chairman of the Trucking Law Litigation Group for the American Association for Justice and Marion Munley is currently on its executive committee. We represent truck accident victims in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey and we are willing to travel to see you wherever you are located if you are injured and unable to travel. We have several office locations and we are here to serve you.
The major trucking companies will hire lawyers immediately after a truck accident and have them on the scene the same day, if possible. You should do the same. The experienced trucking law lawyers at Munley Law know how to preserve all of the important pieces of evidence for you. They know how to secure the scene of an accident and take necessary photographs and statements. This is very critical because significant pieces of evidence helpful to you can be lost, misplaced or be purposely destroyed by the trucking companies. Check out our list of frequently asked questions after a truck accident. We have represented many types of large truck accidents including:
Munley Law Has the Best Trucking Accident Lawyers in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey
Our trucking law team is specially trained to assist in the investigation, development, negotiation and trials of truck accident cases. Our truck accident attorneys have won millions of dollars in settlements and trial verdicts, including numerous multimillion-dollar cases. Take a look at some of our settlements and verdicts for victims of truck accidents:
- $8 Million: Settlement for truck accident
- $6.9 Million: Settlement when a garbage truck rammed a car
- $6.5 Million: Settlement to a man brain injured by a garbage truck
- $3.5 Million: Jury verdict for pedestrian hit by truck
- $2.8 Million: Settlement for trucking accident
- $2.8 Million: Settlement for a boy killed by a truck
- $2.25Million: Settlement for driver of a van involved in accident w truck
- $1.85 Million: Settlement for fuel tank operator killed in crash with dump truck
- $1.8 Million: Settlement for tractor trailer accident that caused a woman’s death
- $1.5 Million: Settlement for woman injured by fatigued truck driver
- $1.5 Million: Settlement for crash involving newspaper delivery truck
- $1.3 Million: Jury verdict for Clarks Summit woman in tractor-trailer accident
- $1 Million: Settlement when a 69 year old man was killed by a tractor trailer.
Choose Your Semi Truck or Trucking Accident Injury Lawyer Carefully
If you or a loved one have been injured in a commercial trucking accident, you need the experienced lawyers of Munley Law to protect your rights. Large trucking companies have their own investigators and attorneys fighting for them, you need someone on your side. Your Choice of Lawyer is Important. So CHOOSE CAREFULLY™ — The Family of Lawyers™ at Munley Law — to protect your rights.
Why Cost is No Object When You Hire The Best Truck Accident Attorney
Munley Law charges clients of personal injury claims on a contingency basis. What that means is the attorney is only paid if he or she wins money damages for you – the client. This makes it possible for anyone to hire only the best lawyer. It gives everyone access to the justice system and representation that is equal to the best that insurance companies, doctors and other defendants can hire. You can contact the lawyers of Munley Law for a free consultation by calling toll-free at 855-866-5529
Munley Law Handles Cases For All Different Types of Trucks
The experienced trucking lawyers at Munley Law have handled cases involving all different types of truck accident lawsuits. We have also represented the drivers of a trucks in truck accident cases, as well as drivers of cars, drivers of buses, passengers of buses and pedestrians that have had accidents with trucks. Call Munley Law at 855-866-5529
for a free consultation for your trucking accident case today! OR email us online today.
- Truck Accident Insurance Issues
- Car – Truck Collisions
- Preventing Tractor Trailer Accidents
- Truck Accidents and Driver Fatigue
- Truck Accidents and Drug/Alcohol Abuse
Truck Accident Questions and Answers
Q: What can I do to protect myself after an accident with a big truck, tractor-trailer?
A: Truck and bus cases are very complicated and require the immediate attention of a lawyer who has won truck accident cases in the past and has deep knowledge of how the trucking companies will fight back. Trucking companies for instance usually have unlimited resources that include teams of lawyers and experts who are prepared to fight against any law suit you may file as a result of an accident—regardless of how injured you are.
Q: What should I do at the scene of a truck accident?
A: While you are at the scene of the accident, you should do the following:
- Remain calm and remain in your vehicle (unless it’s too dangerous to do so)
- Turn on your hazard lights
- Call 911 even if your accident seems minor
- Seek medical attention for any injured drivers or passengers
- Unless necessary, do not move the vehicles until the police arrive
- Never leave the scene of the accident
- Write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of all parties involved, including any witnesses
- Make sure you write down the names and badge numbers of any police officers that are investigating the accident
- Photograph the vehicles and any injuries sustained by you or your passengers
- Do not admit fault
- Immediately notify your own insurance company of the accident
Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police or your own insurance agent or representative; you are not required to give a statement to anyone but the police and your insurance company
Q: What should I do if someone from the trucking company call me before I’ve picked a lawyer?
A: Do not agree to make a recorded statement to the trucking company’s insurance carrier. Do not sign any forms sent to you by the trucking company and their insurance carrier. Immediately contact an experienced Trucking Law Firm such as Munley Law.
Q: What should I do in the days following a truck accident?
A: Here are the steps you should take:
- Obtain a copy of the accident report prepared by the police
- Obtain a property damage valuation from your insurance company
- Write down all visits with doctors and other healthcare providers and keep a journal of any symptoms or pain you experience. Also, get copies of all test results, medications, treatments, and any other relevant medical information
- Keep a detailed list of any out-of-pocket expenses you incur
- Record days of missed work or other activities in which you were unable to participate
- Never accept a settlement offer from an insurance carrier unless you have consulted with a lawyer